Wednesday, July 04, 2012

TV - Is It Soon To Be a Thing of the Past?

Hai Pink Nerds,
Before I start I'd just like to mention that Summer 2012 Blog Challenge will be slightly incomplete... From August 6th to August 11th I can't blog because I'm on vacay. Sorry guys! However I think the fact that I've been blogging about 4 times a day makes up for it :)

Anyway, what I wanted to blog about today was TV and wether or not it is soon to be a thing of the past. You see, lately some of my favourite shows were on the edge of being cancelled for 'lack of interest and views' The show was Community and it is a great show. So then I started thinking, is it really a lack of interest, or are people just not watching TV anymore???

I know for a fact that a few of my friends do not watch TV, they watch their shows and sitcoms online. Online views mean nothing for shows. Also, no one is buying TV series on DVD anymore. Some people (maybe even most people) download whole seasons illegally online. Yes, that way may be more convinient but it won't be when they cancel your favourite show because of 'lack of interest and views'

If we start to turn to the internet for everything, TV will die out. The thing I don't understand about why you'd turn to internet is that TV's are being constantly upgraded so why watch a show on a little computer screen when you can watch it on an LED HD Plasma TV?

My point? (1) Watch TV (2) Internet isn't alwas the best solution (3) Community is the best show ever. Watch 1 episode online, fall in love with it, buy a season on DVD, go to your twitter and hashtag #savecommunity and #sixseasonsandamovie.

Mwah :*
Meaghan ♥

P.S. This is all totally my opinion so don't be afraid to share yours in the comments!
____________________________________________________

Connect with Confessions of a Pink Nerdy Life

____________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment