Friday, June 01, 2012

Sailor Moon and Other Childhood Memories


Hey Pink Nerds,
Yesterday, my brother, my dad and I were at Jumbo Video waiting for my grandparents to meet us for dinner. As I was searching through the racks for Mean Girls, something amazing caught my eye; Sailor Moon DVDs! Of course, I watched all of them as soon as I got home and tons of childhood memories came running through my mind. I remember when my mom made me a Sailor Moon costume for Halloween in senior kindergarten and smiling proudly as I wore it. I remember how angry my mom was and how sad I was when I lost parts of the costume. I remember all the hours I would spend watching Sailor Moon at my grandparents house. I remember the first time my mom bought me a Sailor Moon VHS and how I jumped around the room full of excitement. I remember seeing a Sailor Moon gameboy advance game at EB Games, and I remember how sad I was when the girl in front of me bought it. A lot of my childhood revolved around Sailor Moon. If you ask my mom, I was only really obsessed with 2 things; The Lion King and Sailor Moon. I watched The Lion King about twice everyday and I was always asking for anything that had anything to do with Sailor Moon. Also, I had and still have my Lion King blanket and all of the pieces to my Sailor Moon puzzle (amazing. right!?) Those of you who know me fairly well, you're probably surprised that I wasn't obsessed with Hello Kitty when I was younger since I am now. Well, I did like Hello Kitty but not as much. I was only exposed to Hello Kitty when I went into chinatown with my grandparents so I paid more attention to Sailor Moon (that is until they cancelled the show years later...) Anyway, so Sailor Moon was basically my childhood so I thought I should dedicate a post to the show.
Luvs ya lots,
Meaghan ♥

P.S. Ignore my last post "Quick Note" because I have someone to go to Dickinson's Day now and Emma ended up picking up the phone. Thnx anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment